JKUAT IP INCUBATION CENTER
JKUAT IP incubation centre is a business support centre designed to accelerate the successful development of start-up and fledging businesses by providing the necessary support ( business development services, space, high speed internet, administrative support, professional guidance and mentorship) to budding entrepreneurs who wish to launch themselves into a world of technology- based business careers with an array of targeted resources and services for a period of twelve (12) months with a possibility of extension. The main goal of the centre is to aid increase growth potential, resulting in a self-sustaining and profitable business venture.
THE INNOVATIONS/INVENTIONS EMANATE FROM
- Independent innovators
- JKUAT research pools
- Other research pools outside JKUAT
PROJECTS CURRENTLY INCUBATED
- Nurturebot- A project that involves seedling nurturing
- Makaaridi- An Agricultural Humidifier
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Ministry of Industrialization and Enterprise Development
- Ministry of Education
- Ministrtry of Information, Communication and Technology
- Professional bodies
- Financial Institutions
- Development partners
- The private sector
ENTRANCE POLICY POLICY POLICY
- The business activity proposed is within JKUAT IP priority sectors.
- The venture proposed is a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship.
- Demonstrate a need for incubator services.
- Demonstrate capability for business viability and growth.
- The business plan submitted by the entrepreneur is sound.
- In the absence of a proper business plan, the request for membership will be accepted provisionally if business proposal looks promising prima-facie to the expert committee.
- The entrepreneur will submit a proper business plan to JKUAT IP Innovation hub, which will be reviewed by the expert committee before final acceptance.
- The business proposed should have significant technology content and employment potential.
- The entrepreneurs may or may not have a track record in undertaking entrepreneurial ventures.
- A first time entrepreneur should have the requisite aptitude in promoting the venture. The expert committee will assess this through personal interview, review of past activities, background check, references etc.
- Determination of eligibility by JKUAT IP Incubation and Innovation hub based on preliminary application.
- JKUAT IP Innovation hub and the entrepreneur will sign a mutual nondisclosure agreement (NDA)
- Submission of complete application
- JKUAT IP Incubation and Innovation hub sets up an expert committee to evaluate the application.
- The expert committee reviews the application
- The entrepreneur gives a presentation of the business plan to the expert committee
- Due diligence by the expert committee (including background and credit check of entrepreneur)
- Decision by expert committee and feedback to the applicant.